8-10-2014
"The Ten Dollar Debt"
Matthew 6. 9-13; Matthew 18. 21-35


THE TEN DOLLAR DEBT
Matthew 6. 9-13; Matt. 18. 21-35

I.  HAVE YOU EVER CARRIED A REALLY HEAVY LOAD?   
A.  The weight of ____ (guilt) is a heavy load
B.  The load of un-forgiveness is a heavy piece of cargo
C.  Jesus invites us to come to Our Heavenly Father for ___________.

II.  SIN IS A UNIVERSAL ___________
A.  There are many ways that we are sinners or “debtors.”
B.  The NT uses 5 different gk words for sin.  
· hamartia- to miss the target…
· parabasis= stepping over the _____ (deliberate). 
· paraptoma = stepping across.  Oops! Not as deliberate…  
· Anomia= lawlessness.  Deliberate.  The “right” is known but the “wrong” is ________.  Defiance of law, or of others’ rights.
· Opheilema = debt.  Failure to pay what is due.   

III.  AS MUCH AS I NEED TO BE FORGIVEN…I NEED JUST AS MUCH TO ___________!   
A.  “…as we forgive (have forgiven) our debtors.” Can’t have one without the other.
B.  Question: is there someone _____ need to forgive?  Are you carrying a heavy load because of that? 

IV.  IF I AM TO FORGIVE AND OFFER “Christian Forgiveness”  ______ THINGS WILL BE HELPFUL.
A.  I must learn to __________
B.  I must learn to forget. 
C.  I must ________ to love. 

V.  FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, AS WE FORGIVE OUR DEBTORS. 
A.  I want to invite you today, or this week to deal with that burden.
B.  Bring it to the Lord in prayer…AND _____ ___ _____…asking Him to help you deal with it
C.  Ask Him to forgive and also to help ____ forgive others!

No comments: