12-3-2017
"When All Else Fails, Ask for Directions"
Hebrews 4. 12; Psalm 119.11


WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, ASK FOR DIRECTIONS
Hebrews 4.12; Psalm 119.11
Intro: Today want to focus some on why study the Bible,
but, also to suggest a few “____  ____s” as well.
1.  WE NEED DIRECTION FOR OUR TRAVELS…EVEN-MORE WE NEED DIRECTION FOR OUR DAILY ________.
2.  WE NEED DIRECTION FOR OUR _________ LIFE.
*I study the Bible because I’ve found it easier to stay on course than to find my way back.
3.  WE NEED SUSTENANCE FOR OUR DAILY LIVES…EVEN MORE WE NEED SPIRITUAL ______ TO KEEP US HEALTHY
*There are so many daily battles with health, or finances, or with marriage, or family, or people at work, or things in the news…how can you fight and be victorious if you don’t have spiritual food?
4.  WE NEED HELP TO _____ WHAT WE KNOW (DISCIPLINE)
*I Study the Bible because I need to do (_______) What I Know. 
5.  HOW DO I STUDY GOD’S WORD?
A.  I EAT AT ______: I try to make it a daily practice. 
B.  I TRY TO HAVE SOMETHING _______ ON MY PLATE:
*I try to follow a plan…healthy food…not just easy food
C.  I SHARE SPIRITUAL FOOD WITH ________: I meet with others for encouragement and motivation
D. I GO OUT TO EAT AND LET ________ ELSE DO THE COOKING:  
        *There are many ways that we can be fed by others
6.  SPIRITUAL ___________ CAN OCCUR
A.  Can you tell when someone is starving spiritually?  
*No love, joy, peace, patience
*No desire to serve the Lord or speak His name
B.  THE KEY QUESTION FOR TODAY:  How do I study God’s Word?
*The real success comes when you actually study god’s word!  And when it becomes part of your daily life.  

No comments: