7-16-2017
"The Debt of Love I Owe"
Romans 13. 8-14


THE DEBT OF LOVE I OWE
ROMANS 13. 8-14

I.  LOVE IS THE APPROPRIATE _________ OF ONE WHO IS SAVED BY BLOOD OF JESUS:
A.  Romans 12. 9:  Love must be sincere…
B.  Love those who persecute you (v. 14), do not repay evil for evil 
II.  LET LOVE BE THE ONLY _______ WE OWE (v.8)
A.  Primarily refers to paying taxes, and respect, and honor…perhaps other debts? 
B.  We do owe a debt of love to ________
III.  AND DO THIS…(V.11) CONSIDER THE TIME:  (THE SEASON…)
A.  The hour has come to _____  ___- “salvation is nearer…”
B.  Paul says, “It’s time to put aside the darkness.”
C.   “Rather, _________ yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ.”
IV.  CHAPTER 12 BEGINS WITH “THEREFORE”
A.  “In view of God’s mercies…” – because of what Jesus has done…
B.  Because we are saved by His amazing love, therefore…love one another
V.  I CONTINUALLY DISCOVER THAT WITHOUT Jesus’ sacrifice and his grace I AM STILL ______!
       A.  I am still a sinner saved only by His ________…not by my works 
       B.  I want to…that’s my goal!  But no matter how         good I become at “trying to do the good and         Godly thing” I still fail, I still hurt others, and   my God, and myself.
VI.  I MUST NEVER FORGET THE FIRST PART OF ROMANS- ABOUT GOD’S GRACE. 
A.  Salvation will never be about how good I am, but about how good _____ is
B.  I will always owe a debt of love- to others, mostly to Jesus- because I will always need His grace, and His forgiveness. 
C.  AND HE IS ___________…I can trust God to do some “beautiful things”  

No comments: