6-12-2016
"A Song to Sing When I am in Awe of God's Majesty"
Psalm 8, Psalm 19


A SONG TO SING WHEN I AM IN AWE OF GOD’S MAJESTY
Psalm 8, Psalm 19

I.  WHETHER HEARD OR NOT, PRAISE IS GIVEN BY GOD’S _____________
              A.  His glory is proclaimed by what He has created
              B.  How do people respond when in ______ of God
              C.  _______ and earth proclaim…all of creation testifies.
II.  PSALM 8- “WHAT IS MAN THAT YOU ARE MINDFUL OF HIM?
              A.  Bible says, You have made him a little lower than _____________
              B.  Mankind is put over the works of His hands.
              C.  Just Like the rest of creation our primary purpose is to ____________
III.  A _______ EXPRESSES OUR HEART’S FEELINGS 
              A.  Singing is usually part of _________ - has been since Old Testament,                            and before
              B.  When we worship…and bless the Lord-  we are blessed in return!
IV.  Psalm 19 ENDS WITH A _________:  “May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight…”
           A.  Though I may not be able to spend every waking moment singing                                 hymns, or worshipping in the temple…I can seek to maintain that                            spiritual connection with God every day, and all through the                                 day.
              B.  The psalmist’s desire is ours also
V.  CHALLENGE FOR TODAY: _________ GOD THIS WEEK:
A.  Make your own list of 7-8 of God’s glories 
1)_____________________      2)____________________
3)_____________________      4)____________________
5)_____________________     6)_____________________
7)_____________________     8)_____________________    

B.  Think about your _______________.  (Your self-talks) Are they pleasing to God? 

C.  AS YOU GO THROUGH THIS WEEK WORSHIP GOD – by PRAYER, SONG, CREATE SOMETHING, TESTIFY

*Intentionally seek God and His daily presence. 
*Daily Prayer: May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.   

No comments: